Saturday, November 10, 2007

To eat or not to eat

Ed did not want me to eat today.

I was sitting on the couch this morning with Boy Wonder and we were watching our shows that we had TIVO'd throughout the week. There was Kitchen Nightmares and House. I was with my boyfriend and I was watching TV shows that I loved. I was also starving. I could hear my stomach growling. The only thing I could think about was food. I thought about the cereal and the fruit and the eggs that I had brought to my boyfriend's house for this very occasion. I mean, it's not as if I can eat Poptarts every day for breakfast like he can. Boy Wonder was worried, I know. He woke up a couple hours after I did and asked if I had eaten breakfast. I said no. He then asked if I was hungry. I should've said no. But dammit, I was actually honest. A half hour later he asked if he could make me something. He never offers to make me breakfast. An hour later, he asks me why I haven't eaten breakfast. I tell hm I forgot. An excuse that he promptly dismisses as rubbish. How can I explain to him that my entire thought process for the last three hours had been about food? I had an internal debate going on in my head. I'll give you a sample.

Me: I'm so hungry. I should make me some cereal, at least.
Ed: Think about all that food you ate last night. You're never going to lose weight this way.
Me: If I don't eat now, I'll just eat even more later.
Ed: No you won't. I won't let you. You'll pick at your lunch. You won't eat much dinner. You will go to bed hungry. And then you will feel great for going to bed hungry.
Me: That doesn't sound like a very fun day.
Ed: Who said being thin was fun? You want Boy Wonder to love you, don't you?
Me: He loves me anyway. He wants me to eat.
Ed. Ha. He'll love you even more if you drop 50 pounds. If you go into that kitchen, you will regret it.
Me: Okay, you're right.
Ed: I know.


Ed did not want me to eat today.

No comments: